- Title: FIFA bans former soccer officials over South African friendly matches
- Date: 8th December 2016
- Summary: DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA (OCTOBER 24, 2012) (REUTERS) NEMATANDANI ARRIVING AT THE DRAW FOR THE 2013 AFRICAN NATIONS CUP
- Embargoed: 23rd December 2016 14:52
- Keywords: FIFA suspensions South Africa Togo Kirsten Nematandani Zimbabwe
- Location: JOHANNESBURG AND DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA / LOME, TOGO / ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
- City: JOHANNESBURG AND DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA / LOME, TOGO / ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
- Country: Various
- Reuters ID: LVA0035C0YM2V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: THIS EDIT CONTAINS MATERIAL WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY 4:3
Global soccer body FIFA said on Thursday it had banned former South African soccer head Kirsten Nematandani and two other officials over violations related to friendly matches played in 2010.
Former South African Football Association president Kirsten Nematandani was banned from all soccer-related activity for five years, while former Zimbabwe Football Association official Jonathan Musavengana and former Togo national team coach Banna Tchanile both received life-long bans.
"The three cases decided related to international friendly matches played in South Africa in 2010, as well as to cases decided by the adjudicatory chamber in October 2015 and March 2016," FIFA's ethics committee said in a statement.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None