- Title: Thai police arrest three Frenchmen for alleged murder
- Date: 9th December 2016
- Summary: KOH SAMUI, THAILAND (DECEMBER 9, 2016) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF KOH SAMUI PROVINCIAL POLICE STATION SIGN READING (Thai and English): "SAMUI POLICE STATION" POLICE ESCORTING MURDER SUSPECT AND RESTAURANT OWNER CYRIL JEAN-PAUL MALIGNON, 43, TO INVESTIGATION ROOM MALIGNON SITTING INSIDE ROOM AND LOOKING ON MALIGNON SITTING INSIDE ROOM WITH POLICEMAN AND FRENCH OFFICIAL SIGN ON DOOR READING (Thai and English): "INVESTIGATION ROOM" MURDER SUSPECT GEORGES-CHARLES MICHEL, 65, SITTING INSIDE ROOM KOH SAMUI, THAILAND (DECEMBER 8, 2016) (REUTERS) POLICE OFFICIAL TAKING PICTURE OF A BODY 40-YEAR OLD FRENCH MAN IN STREAM RELATIVES OF 40-YEAR OLD MURDER VICTIM WALKING TO SCENE WIFE OF MURDER VICTIM (WHITE SHIRT) CRYING AND LOOKING AT HER HUSBAND'S BODY THAI OFFICIALS WALKING AROUND BODY IN STREAM WIFE AND FRIEND OF DEAD MAN LOOKING ON (SOUNDBITE) (Thai) FRIEND OF 40-YEAR OLD MURDER VICTIM, SAYING: "Last night, his wife said her husband came out to have a drink at a newly-opened restaurant, so I went out to ask for him. The restaurant said he was so drunk and had left the restaurant with his motorcycle. So where is his motorcycle?" OFFICIALS WRAPPING UP BODY OF 40-YEAR OLD MURDER VICTIM VARIOUS OF OFFICIALS CARRYING THE BODY AWAY VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICIALS AND FORENSIC TEAM COLLECTING EVIDENCE AT A CRIME SCENE EVIDENCE ON GROUND NEAR A ROCK WITH BLOOD STAIN FORENSIC TEAM AND POLICE COLLECTING EVIDENCE TRUCK BELONGING TO MICHEL PARKING FORENSIC TEAM LOOKING AT A MARK ON THE BACK OF THE TRUCK BLOOD TRACES ON THE BACK OF THE TRUCK VARIOUS OF OFFICIALS COLLECTING BLOOD TRACE ON THE TRUCK
- Embargoed: 24th December 2016 09:27
- Keywords: Thailand France suspects Koh Samui French arrest
- Location: KOH SAMUI, THAILAND
- City: KOH SAMUI, THAILAND
- Country: Thailand
- Reuters ID: LVA0015C5WBPJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: EDITORS PLEASE NOTE: **AUDIO QUALITY AS INCOMING**
Thai police said on Friday (December 9) that three Frenchmen have been arrested and charged for murder of another 40-year old Frenchman in Thailand's resort island, Koh Samui.
The suspects 65-year old Georges-Charles Michel is alleged to have shot the dead man. Cyril Jean-Paul Malignon, a restaurant owner, and Yves Cluade Daniel, suspected of being his accomplices, have confessed, Thai police said.
The victim was found with four bullet wounds to his head and his body was left in a shallow stream on the island.
A friend of the victim who came along with his wife to identified the body said he went gone missing earlier on Wednesday (December 4) night.
Police said the crime could be related to a conflict to over a restaurant business on the resort island, local media reported.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None