- Title: Syrian opposition joins ministerial meeting in Paris
- Date: 10th December 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (DECEMBER 10, 2016) (AGENCY POOL) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FRENCH FOREIGN MINISTER, JEAN-MARC AYRAULT, HAND SHAKING COORDINATOR HIGH NEGOTIATIONS COMMITTEE (HNC), RIYAD HIJAB AND POSING FOR PICTURE / AYRAULT AND HIJAB ENTERING ROOM FOLLOWED BY BRITA HAGI HASAN, PRESIDENT OF THE CITY COUNCIL FOR OPPOSITION-HELD ALEPPO VARIOUS OF FOREIGN MINISTERS AND MEMBERS OF SYRIA'S OPPOSITION AT ROUNDTABLE HIJAB SITTING AT ROUNDTABLE / U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE, JOHN KERRY, AYRAULT, BRITISH FOREIGN SECRETARY, BORIS JOHNSON, AT ROUNDTABLE AYRAULT AND JOHNSON AT ROUNDTABLE / GERMAN FOREIGN MINISTER, FRANK-WALTER STEINMEIER, QATARI FOREIGN MINISTER, SHEIKH MOHAMMED BIN ABDULRAHMAN AL-THANI, TURKISH FOREIGN MINISTER, MEVLUT CAVUSOGLU SITTING DOWN AT ROUNDTABLE VARIOUS OF CAVUSOGLU, HIJAB AND STEINMEIER AND ABDULRAHMAN AL-THANI AT ROUNDTABLE VARIOUS OF MINISTERS AND MEMBERS OF SYRIA'S OPPOSITION SITTING DOWN AT ROUNDTABLE
- Embargoed: 25th December 2016 11:38
- Keywords: Syria Aleppo France Ayrault foreign minister Brita Hagi Hasan Riyad Hijab
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Reuters ID: LVA0015CAUXQF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Syrian opposition figures joined a ministerial meeting hosted by French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault in Paris to discuss Syria on Saturday (December 10).
The Syrian delegation included Riyad Hijab, the coordinator of the Saudi-backed High Negotiations Committee, and Brita Hagi Hasan, president of the city council for opposition-held Aleppo.
They joined U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and other allied foreign ministers at the summit in Paris.
The meeting came as the Syrian army pressed an offensive in Aleppo with ground fighting and air strikes in an operation to retake all of the city's rebel-held east that would bring victory in the civil war closer for President Bashar al-Assad.
More than 20,000 civilians left eastern Aleppo on Saturday and more than 1,200 rebels opposed to al-Assad have laid down their arms, Interfax news agency cited the Russian Defence Ministry as saying.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None