- Title: 'La La Land', 'Moonlight' lead Golden Globe nominations
- Date: 12th December 2016
- Summary: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (DECEMBER 12, 2016) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTOR DON CHEADLE OF BEST MOTION PICTURE DRAMA ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTRESS LAURA DERN OF BEST ACTOR IN MOTION PICTURE DRAMA ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTRESS LAURA DERN OF BEST DIRECTOR ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTRESS LAURA DERN OF BEST ACTRESS, MUSICAL OR COMEDY ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTOR DON CHEADLE OF BEST MOTION PICTURE, MUSICAL OR COMEDY ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTOR DON CHEADLE OF BEST ACTRESS, DRAMA ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTRESS ANNA KENDRICK OF SUPPORTING ACTRESS ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTRESS ANNA KENDRICK OF BEST ACTOR, MUSICAL OR COMEDY ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTRESS LAURA DERN OF BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTRESS LAURA DERN OF BEST MOTION PICTURE ANIMATED ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTRESS ANNA KENDRICK OF BEST PERFORMANCE OF AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MOTION PICTURE ANNOUNCEMENT BY ACTOR DON CHEADLE OF BEST TELEVISION SERIES, DRAMA STAGE
- Embargoed: 27th December 2016 14:16
- Keywords: Golden Globes nominations awards season nominees films television award show
- Location: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES;
- City: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES;
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA0015CKWSHZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Musical romance "La La Land" led the Golden Globe nominations on Monday (December 12) with seven nods, including the top category of best comedy/musical film, while independent production "Moonlight" led the drama film categories with six nominations.
"La La Land" scored nominations for Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling in the lead comedy/musical acting categories, while writer-director Damien Chazelle received nods for best director and best screenplay.
"Moonlight," the coming-of-age tale of an impoverished black boy struggling with his sexuality, scored nominations for Barry Jenkins in the directing and screenplay categories, while actors Naomie Harris and Mahershala Ali were nominated in the best supporting acting races.
"La La Land" is up against "20th Century Women," the story of a free-spirited mother; raunchy superhero action "Deadpool"; singing comedy "Florence Foster Jenkins"; and teen tale "Sing Street" for best comedy/musical film.
"Moonlight" will face war drama "Hacksaw Ridge," western crime story "Hell or High Water," adoption tale "Lion" and "Manchester by the Sea," which is about a working-class family dealing with tragedy, in the best drama film category.
More than 90 journalists in the Hollywood Foreign Press Association choose the Golden Globes. Winners will be announced on Jan. 8 at a televised ceremony hosted by Jimmy Fallon.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None