- Title: Turkish PM visits people wounded in Istanbul bombings
- Date: 11th December 2016
- Summary: VARIOUS OF ERDOGAN WALKING AMONG PEOPLE / CROWD CHANTING PEOPLE FILMING WITH MOBILE PHONES ERDOGAN WAVING AT CROWD / PEOPLE CHANTING (Turkish): "MARTYRS DON'T DIE, THE COUNTRY DOES NOT DIVIDE" PEOPLE GATHERED IN AREA ERDOGAN'S CONVOY LEAVING
- Embargoed: 26th December 2016 14:29
- Keywords: Turkey bombings wounded hospital relatives football stadium police Prime Minister Binali Yildirim
- Location: ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- City: ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Reuters ID: LVA0045CFVI2V
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim on Sunday (December 11) paid a hospital visit to people injured in a twin bombing in Istanbul.
The government has vowed vengeance against Kurdish militants it said were likely behind the attack that killed 38 people and hurt 155 in what appeared to be a coordinated attack on police outside a soccer stadium in Istanbul.
The blasts late on Saturday (December 11) - a car bomb outside the Vodafone Arena, home to Istanbul's Besiktas soccer team, followed by a suicide bomb attack in an adjacent park less than a minute later - shook a nation still trying to recover from a series of deadly bombings this year in cities including Istanbul and the capital Ankara.
Casualties gave Yildirim their accounts of what happened during the hospital visit.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None