- Title: Anguished relatives of Turkey blast wounded wait at hospital
- Date: 11th December 2016
- Summary: ISTANBUL, TURKEY (DECEMBER 11, 2016) (REUTERS) EXTERIORS OF HOSPITAL POLICEMAN TALKING ON MOBILE EXTERIORS OF EMERGENCY UNIT ENTRANCE OF EMERGENCY SERVICE VARIOUS OF RELATIVE OF A WOUNDED VICTIM TALKING ON THE PHONE AMBULANCE PARKED OUTSIDE POLICEMEN MANNING SECURITY CAMERAMEN FILMING VARIOUS OF A MAN CRYING
- Embargoed: 26th December 2016 09:34
- Keywords: Turkey blast hospital Istanbul PKK
- Location: ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- City: ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- Country: Turkey
- Reuters ID: LVA0015CFUC7B
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Distraught relatives of some of the 116 people wounded in two blasts in Istanbul waited outside a hospital in the city on Sunday (December 11).
Turkey said on Sunday that Kurdish militants may be responsible for the two bombs that killed 38 people and wounded 155 on Saturday evening (December 10) in an apparent coordinated attack on police outside a soccer stadium in Istanbul after a match between two top teams.
The blasts on Saturday (December 10) night - a car bomb outside the Vodafone Arena home to Istanbul's Besiktas soccer team followed by a suicide bomb attack in an adjacent park less than a minute later - shook a soccer-mad nation still trying to recover from a series of deadly bombing this year in cities including Istanbul and the capital Ankara.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None