- Title: Real Madrid train in Japan ahead of Club World Cup
- Date: 12th December 2016
- Summary: YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (DECEMBER 12, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF REAL MADRID PLAYERS WALKING ON TO PITCH PORTUGUESE FORWARD, CRISTIANO RONALDO WALKING TALKING TO FITNESS COACH, JAVIER MALLO (WHITE JACKET) WHILE WALKING ON TO PITCH PLAYERS GATHERED ON FIELD FITNESS COACH, ANTONIO PINTUS TALKING TO TEAM RONALDO SMILING VARIOUS OF RONALDO AND PINTUS LEADING TEAM MEMBERS IN JOGGING AROUND THE PITCH PLAYERS JOGGING AROUND YOKOHAMA MITSUZAWA STADIUM GOALKEEPERS (FROM LEFT) KEYLOR NAVAS, RUBEN YANEZ AND KIKO CASILLA JOGGING RONALDO JOGGING WITH TEAM MATES PLAYERS JOGGING (FROM LEFT) MIDFIELDER LUKA MODRIC, RONALDO, DEFENDER NACHO AND DEFENDER FABIO COENTRAO JOGGING NEXT TO PINTUS SIGN READING (English): "NHK SPRING MITSUZAWA FOOTBALL STADIUM" PLAYERS GETTING ON TO BUS EXTERIOR OF MITSUZAWA STADIUM
- Embargoed: 27th December 2016 10:33
- Keywords: Real Madrid Cristiano Ronaldo Club World Cup Japan
- Location: YOKOHAMA, JAPAN
- City: YOKOHAMA, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Reuters ID: LVA0015CKW2F3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Real Madrid arrived in Japan early on Monday morning (December 12) and held their first training session at Yokohama's Mitsuzawa Stadium later that day.
Real are preparing for their FIFA Club World Cup semi-final against Club America on Thursday (December 15).
The team is targeting their second Club World Cup triumph in three years to complete a sensational year of renewal under former midfield great Zinedine Zidane.
The 11-times European champions are the top attraction at this year's tournament in Japan and can overtake arch rivals Barcelona as the team with the most international trophies in world soccer.
Forward Cristiano Ronaldo heads the final shortlist for this year's Ballon d'Or, an award given to the best player in Europe. The winner will be announced at a ceremony in Paris on Monday evening.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None