- Title: 2017 bobsleigh worlds to be moved from Sochi - federation
- Date: 13th December 2016
- Summary: ROSA KHUTOR, RUSSIA (FILE - FEBRUARY 13, 2014) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** OLYMPIC STADIUM IN SOCHI SOCHI, RUSSIA (FILE - FEBRUARY 4, 2014) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SHAKING HANDS WITH IOC PRESIDENT, THOMAS BACH MOSCOW, RUSSIA (FILE – NOVEMBER, 2015) (REUTERS) SIGN BY ENTRANCE, READING (Russian): "RUSSIAN OLYMPIC COMMITTEE" VARIOUS EXTERIORS OF RUSSIAN OLYMPIC COMMITTEE HEADQUARTERS, WHICH ALSO HOUSES ALL-RUSSIA ATHLETIC FEDERATION (ARAF)
- Embargoed: 28th December 2016 18:00
- Keywords: Bobsleigh Russia Sochi world championships 2017 doping
- Location: INTERNET / SOCHI, ROSA KHUTOR, MOSCOW AND SOCHI, RUSSIA
- City: INTERNET / SOCHI, ROSA KHUTOR, MOSCOW AND SOCHI, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Reuters ID: LVA0075CPYHXJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The 2017 bobsleigh and skeleton world championships will be moved from Sochi, Russia, the International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation (IBSF) said in a statement on Tuesday (December 13).
Latvia had pulled out of the February 13-26 championships following the publication last week of the second part of the McLaren Report into Russian doping which revealed an institutional conspiracy to conceal positive drug tests.
The new venue for the event will be decided in the next few days, the IBSF said.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.