- Title: Cuban flag at half-staff at Havana's embassy in Washington
- Date: 26th November 2016
- Summary: WASHINGTON, D.C., UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 26, 2016) (REUTERS) WIDE SHOT CUBAN EMBASSY SIGN OUTSIDE CUBAN EMBASSY CUBAN FLAG AT HALF STAFF VARIOUS OF PEOPLE ENTERING THE EMBASSY
- Embargoed: 11th December 2016 14:47
- Keywords: Cuban Embassy Fidel Castro flag half-staff
- Location: WASHINGTON, DC, UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, DC, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0015A2ZDC7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The embassy of Cuba in Washington lowered its flag to half-staff on Saturday (November 26) in remembrance of Fidel Castro.
The revolutionary leader who built a communist state on the doorstep of the United States died on Friday at the age of 90.
Castro's body will be cremated, according to his wishes. Cuba declared nine days of mourning, during which time the ashes will be taken to different parts of the country. A burial ceremony will be held on Dec. 4.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None