- Title: Bolivia's Evo Morales mourns passing of ally Fidel Castro
- Date: 26th November 2016
- Summary: LA PAZ, BOLIVIA (NOVEMBER 26, 2016) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF NEWSPAPER KIOSK NEWSPAPER HEADLINES AND PHOTOS ABOUT THE DEATH OF FIDEL CASTRO NEWSPAPER HEADLINE READING: "UNTIL VICTORY FOREVER, COMMANDER"
- Embargoed: 11th December 2016 14:40
- Keywords: Evo Morales Fidel Castro Raul Castro
- Location: IVIRGARZAMA AND LA PAZ, BOLIVIA
- City: IVIRGARZAMA AND LA PAZ, BOLIVIA
- Country: Bolivia
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0025A2YV5Z
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Bolivian President Evo Morales mourned on Saturday (November 26) the passing of his longtime friend and ally Fidel Castro.
"I express in the name of our Bolivian people our condolences, solidarity with the family of historic commander, Fidel Castro, and all he anti-imperialist people of Cuba," said Morales during a public event in the centrally located small town of Ivirgarzama.
"Fidel is a man, Fidel as a brother, a great human being, Fidel as a politician, a great revolutionary. Fidel Castro is a great teacher in principles and values, teacher of revolutionaries, his fight has not only been for the Cuban people nor for the people of Latin America. The fight of Fidel has been for the people of the world that fought for freedom," he said.
Morales joined scores of other world leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping, expressing condolences, though critics labeled him a "tyrant."
Castro died on Friday aged 90, his younger brother and successor Raul Castro announced on state television.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None