- Title: Trump's Hollywood star is reborn
- Date: 24th November 2016
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 26, 2016) (REUTERS) ***** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** VIEW OF DAMAGED STAR HONORING PRESIDENT ELECT DONALD TRUMP, ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME/CLOSE-UP OF STAR STARS/DAMAGED TRUMP STAR CLOSE-UP OF DAMAGE PEOPLE TAKING PHOTOS CLOSE UP OF DAMAGED STAR TOURISTS AROUND STAR LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (FILE - JANUARY 16, 2007) (ORIGINALLY 4:3) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF TRUMP AT STAR CEREMONY ON THE WALK OF FAME TRUMP POSING FOR PHOTOS WITH HIS WIFE MELANIA TRUMP AND SONS BARRON TRUMP AND DONALD TRUMP JR.
- Embargoed: 9th December 2016 00:55
- Keywords: Donald Trump Hollywood star Walk of Fame vandalism protection LAPD
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES;
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES;
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA00259SWX8N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: President-elect Donald Trump's star is back on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, less than a month after being defaced by a vandal wielding a sledgehammer and a pick-axe.
Workers spent the past couple of weeks getting it ready with Trump's star making its return this week.
Trump's star "sequel" along Hollywood Blvd. seemed to generating a fair amount of interest among tourists on Wednesday (November 23), with many taking the time to pose and take photos.
The Los Angeles Police Department spokesman dismissed an earlier online media report that stated the additional officers would be assigned to protect the star, adding that it regularly patrols the area.
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, who produce and award the stars, also said there was to be no added security. A spokesperson said "The police have a regular presence at the Hollywood & Highland location due to heavy tourist traffic. No special requests have been made in regards to security."
Police arrested James Otis, 52, who admitted destroying Trump's star in October. He's pleaded not guilty to a felony vandalism charge.
Trump received his Walk of Fame star in 2007.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None