- Title: British photographer David Hamilton dies in Paris - police source
- Date: 25th November 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (NOVEMBER 25, 21016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF POLICE CAR OUTSIDE BRITISH PHOTOGRAPHER DAVID HAMILTON'S APARTMENT BLOCK APARTMENT BLOCK / POLICE PERSONNEL BY ENTRANCE POLICE UNIFORM POLICE PERSONNEL BY ENTRANCE TO APARTMENT BLOCK NUMBER 41 ABOVE ENTRANCE VARIOUS OF POLICE PERSONNEL BY ENTRANCE TO APARTMENT BLOCK POLICEMAN LAYING CORDON CORDON IN STREET POLICE IN STREET POLICE PERSONNEL ENTERING APARTMENT BLOCK MORE OF STREET POLICE PERSONNEL BY ENTRANCE TO APARTMENT BLOCK MORE OF STREET
- Embargoed: 10th December 2016 23:05
- Keywords: Photographer David Hamilton Paris
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00159Y30P3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British photographer David Hamilton died in Paris on Friday (November 25) at the age of 83 after committing suicide, a police source told Reuters.
Hamilton, who had lived much of his life in France and whose works had appeared in high-end fashion magazines, was found unresponsive in his home by a neighbour who alerted emergency services, French radio station Europe 1 reported without giving a source.
Hamilton, whose work appeared in high-end fashion magazines, was known for his images of nude or underclothed young models which drew some controversy. At the time of his death he had been embroiled in accusations of sexual assault by French TV and radio host Flavie Flament.
Flament accused Hamilton of raping her when she modelled for him as a 13-year-old in 1987. She did not mention him by name in her book "The Consolation," but just a few days ago in an interview with a French newspaper she said Hamilton attacked her.
The cover photo of the book was an image taken by Hamilton. He denied the allegations.
Police launched an investigation into the cause of death.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None