- Title: Paris' Champs-Elysees illuminated with Christmas sparkle
- Date: 21st November 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (NOVEMBER 21, 2016) (REUTERS) CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ON TREES ALONG CHAMPS-ELYSEES AVENUE SWITCHING ON VARIOUS OF LIGHTS SPARKLING ON TREES ALONG CHAMPS-ELYSEES AVENUE VARIOUS OF PASSERS-BY TAKING PICTURES OF LIGHTS VARIOUS OF LIGHTS SPARKLING ON TREES ENTRANCE TO CHRISTMAS MARKET ALONG CHAMPS-ELYSEES AVENUE VARIOUS OF ILLUMINATED SIGN READING (French): "Christmas villages, Paris" CHRISTMAS TREES IN CHRISTMAS MARKET PASSERS-BY BUYING ROASTED CHESTNUTS (SOUNDBITE) (French) RESIDENT OF PARIS AND PASSER-BY, ESMER YAKAN, SAYING: "It's wonderful, magical. I have never saw them (the lights) on the first day, the day they're switched on. And I wanted to come along, as any Parisian should do." VARIOUS OF STALLS IN CHRISTMAS MARKET LIGHTS / PEOPLE WALKING IN CHRISTMAS MARKET (SOUNDBITE) (English) SLOVAKIAN TOURIST, BARBARA PECOVA, SAYING: "The lights are awesome, a, stunning, beautiful, beautiful, I love it. So... Cheers!" PLACE DE LA CONCORDE, EIFFEL TOWER AND CHAMPS-ELYSEES AVENUE TOP OF EIFFEL TOWER VARIOUS OF ILLUMINATED FERRIS WHEEL LOCATED AT END OF CHAMPS-ELYSEES AVENUE
- Embargoed: 6th December 2016 19:41
- Keywords: Champs Elysees Christmas lights Paris season holiday illuminations
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00159E1WEX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Paris' Champs-Elysees avenue was lit up with Christmas sparkle on Monday (November 21) to welcome in the festive period in the French capital.
The City of Lights shone with thousands of blue and gold twinkling bulbs along the famed avenue, which is lined with museums, theatres and luxury shops and leads up to the Arc de Triomphe monument.
Hundreds of visitors watched the avenue's trees shine, taking selfies in front of the holiday lights.
"It's wonderful, magical. I have never saw them (the lights) on the first day, the day they're switched on. And I wanted to come along, as any Parisian should do," Parisian resident Esmer, who came especially to see the famous avenue light up, told Reuters Television.
Revellers also enjoyed a nearby Christmas market, eating roasted chestnuts and chocolate-covered churros.
The Christmas village will remain open to the public until January 8.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None