- Title: Harry visits with Frigate birds in Barbuda mangroves
- Date: 22nd November 2016
- Summary: FRIGATE BIRD SANCTUARY, BARBUDA, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA (NOVEMBER 22, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF PRINCE HARRY GETTING ONTO BOAT MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA ON SHORE PRINCE HARRY'S BOAT PULLING OUT PRINCE HARRY'S BOAT TAKING OFF WATERS OF BARBUDA MANGROVES OF BARBUDA VARIOUS OF FRIGATE BIRDS FLYING ABOVE MANGROVES VARIOUS OF PRINCE HARRY WITH GUIDE VARIOUS OF FRIGATE BIRDS RESTING, WHILE PRINCE HARRY'S BOAT CIRCLES AROUND VARIOUS OF PRINCE HARRY ON BOAT WATERS OF BARBUDA FRIGATE BIRDS FLYING ABOVE MANGROVES VARIOUS OF PRINCE HARRY'S BOAT TAKING OFF
- Embargoed: 7th December 2016 21:03
- Keywords: Prince Harry Harry Frigates Frigate birds Caribbean Harry Caribbean visit Barbuda Antigua and Barbuda
- Location: FRIGATE BIRD SANCTUARY, BARBUDA, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
- City: FRIGATE BIRD SANCTUARY, BARBUDA, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
- Country: Antigua and Barbuda
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00159J3FIF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Prince Harry took in some nature on Tuesday (November 22) in Antigua and Barbuda, where he visited the Frigate Bird Sanctuary national park on Barbuda's northwest coast.
The 32-year-old prince flew over from Antigua on a helicopter and boarded the boat for a 10 minute ride to the sanctuary.
The birds nest and breed in the sanctuary, which is said to be one of the world's largest colonies for the species.
Many of the males who are seeking a partner inflate a throat pouch that looks like a huge red balloon. This signals to the female that they are available.
After the tour, Prince Harry later visited a primary school before returning to Antigua.
Harry kicked off his seven-nation tour in Antigua and Barbuda on Sunday (November 20). He heads to St. Kitts and Nevis next.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None