- Title: Ex-NBA star Rodman charged with driving wrong way on California highway
- Date: 22nd November 2016
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (FILE - MARCH 28, 2014) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** FORMER BASKETBALLER DENNIS RODMAN SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS RODMAN TALKING AND WIPING AWAY TEARS
- Embargoed: 7th December 2016 20:27
- Keywords: basketball Dennis Rodman charged driving California highway
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA/ BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA/ BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- Country: USA
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00159J322N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Former pro basketball star and reality TV personality Dennis Rodman has been charged with driving the wrong way on a California highway and forcing another car to swerve into a concrete dividing wall before he left the scene, prosecutors said.
The Orange County district attorney's office said it brought the hit-and-run charges against Rodman on Monday (November 22) in connection with the July 20 incident in Santa Ana. The case represents the Hall of Fame player's latest brush with the law.
Rodman, a former National Basketball Association forward with the Detroit Pistons and the Chicago Bulls, drove his sport utility vehicle the wrong way on Interstate 5 in the carpool lane, prosecutors said in a statement. Prosecutors did not say whether the occupants of the other vehicle were injured.
Prosecutors charged Rodman, 55, with hit-and-run that causes property damage, driving a motor vehicle across a dividing section, giving false information to a police officer and driving without a valid license.
He faces up to two years in jail if convicted, and was ordered to appear in court on Jan. 20.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None