- Title: The Taylor Swift Experience opens in New York
- Date: 18th November 2016
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORINA, UNITED STATES (FILE) (UNRESTRICTED POOL) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** VARIOUS OF SWIFT POSING FOR PICTURES AT GRAMMY AWARDS
- Embargoed: 3rd December 2016 19:45
- Keywords: Taylor Swift Grammy exhibition experience music country New York singer
- Location: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK + LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK + LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00258Z3SY5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Pop star Taylor Swift's life and career is celebrated in a two-story exhibit title, "The Taylor Swift Experience."
"It's basically the story of Taylor Swift and the making of a modern superstar. It's funny, she's 26-years-old and she's already a legend, but it's actually the truth," said Grammy Museum curator Nwaka Onwusa.
Presented by the Grammy Museum, items on display include baby clothes, costumes, and handwritten lyrics.
"For visitors to really get up close and see her creative process were words are crossed out, or exchanged for other things, her doodles. We have 'Welcome to New York' lyrics that are also on display, which is actually the first time we're actually getting that, so that's an exclusive piece to NY."
This is the experience's second stop after first opening at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles, California.
The multi-platinum-selling artist and her mother worked closely with the museum to curate the show which features interactive elements such as a dance floor and a karaoke booth.
"Some of the highlights that you'll see in the Taylor Swift experience are her Grammy Award she received in 2010, but for 2009 year for 'White Horse.' And then she also received album of the year that year. She also received it this year, so I think that's one of the pinnacle pieces in this exhibit."
The exhibit will be open in New York's Seaport District until February 19, 2017.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None