- Title: IRAQ: Car bomb near Shi'ite mosque in north Baghdad kills 10
- Date: 9th June 2007
- Summary: (W3) KIRKUK, IRAQ (JUNE 8, 2007) (REUTERS) AMBULANCE ARRIVING AT HOSPITAL/ WOUNDED CHILD BEING TAKEN OUT WOUNDED MAN TAKEN OUT OF AMBULANCE THEN WHEELED ON TROLLEY INTO HOSPITAL WOUNDED POLICEMAN LYING ON STRETCHER BEING WHEELED INTO HOSPITAL
- Embargoed: 24th June 2007 13:00
- Location: Iraq
- Country: Iraq
- Topics: War / Fighting
- Reuters ID: LVA73MFC3GBTVH5DOFUU447CZ176
- Story Text: A car bomb explodes outside a Shi'ite mosque in Dakok just after Friday prayers, killing 10 people.
A car bomb exploded outside a Shi'ite mosque in the northern Iraqi town of Dakok just after Friday (June 8) prayers, killing 10 people and wounding 10, police said.
A senior Kirkuk police official, Brigadier Sahat Qader, said the mosque had been seriously damaged in the blast.
The wounded and dead, including several children, were taken to Kirkuk hospital.
Dakok is about 30 kilometre (18 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, a city disputed by Arabs, ethnic Kurds and Turkmen. Settling its final status is one of the most sensitive issues in Iraq.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None