- Title: Suicide bomber attacks vehicle in Kabul, killing four
- Date: 16th November 2016
- Summary: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (NOVEMBER 16, 2016) (REUTERS) AFGHAN SECURITY FORCES GUARDS NEAR THE SITE OF ATTACK VARIOUS OF DAMAGED MINI BUS BELONGING TO AFGHANISTAN NATIONAL SECURITY DEPARTMENT HIT BY SUICIDE ATTACKER PEOPLE WATCHING (SOUNDBITE) (Pashto) JAHANZEB KHAN, RESIDENT OF THE AREA SAYING: "A huge explosion happened here we didn't know the type of blast exactly but the sound was very loud. Right after the explosion, ambulances arrived in the area and police blocked the scene." VARIOUS OF SECURITY PERSONNEL ON MILITARY HUMVEE IN SECURITY PERSONNEL
- Embargoed: 1st December 2016 05:56
- Keywords: suicide bomb motorbike security officials
- Location: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- City: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- Country: Afghanistan
- Topics: Bombing (non-military),Conflicts/War/Peace
- Reuters ID: LVA00158P0PXJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A suicide bomber on a motorbike killed at least four people and wounded several in an attack on a vehicle carrying national security officials in Kabul on Wednesday (November 16), a security official at the scene in the Afghan capital told Reuters.
An interior ministry official confirmed the attack but could not say immediately how many people had been killed or wounded.
Najib Danish, a spokesman for the interior ministry, said the suicide bomber was on a motorbike and detonated himself in the Pul Mahmood Khan area (in Kabul).
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None