- Title: US President Barack Obama visits Athens Acropolis
- Date: 16th November 2016
- Summary: ATHENS, GREECE (NOVEMBER 16, 2016) (REUTERS) ACROPOLIS HILL WITH PARTHENON TEMPLE VARIOUS OF PARTHENON TEMPLE AND GREEK FLAG FLYING ON ACROPOLIS POLICE OFFICERS WITH BINOCULARS ON ACROPOLIS HILL GREEK POLICE HELICOPTER FLYING ABOVE ACROPOLIS HILL US PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA STANDING NEXT TO PARTHENON TEMPLE AS SEEN FROM A DISTANCE OBAMA LOOKING AT PARTHENON TEMPLE DURING HIS VISIT ON ACROPOLIS HILL WITH GUIDE PARTHENON TEMPLE ON ACROPOLIS HILL
- Embargoed: 1st December 2016 10:58
- Keywords: Obama Greece Acropolis Parthenon temple
- Location: ATHENS, GREECE
- City: ATHENS, GREECE
- Country: Greece
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00158P2BLZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: U.S. President Barack Obama toured the temples of the Acropolis, Greece's most famous landmark, on Wednesday (November 16) during the second day of his visit to Athens.
Obama strolled past the Parthenon Temple and looked out over the Athens city skyline from the ancient hill during a guided tour, heavily guarded by security personnel. He was later expected to visit the Acropolis Museum at the foot of the Acropolis.
Obama, who will be succeeded in January by Donald Trump, arrived in Greece on Tuesday (November 15) on his last foreign tour as president of the United States, and was due to visit Germany later on Wednesday.
The U.S. president offered solidarity with Greece over its economic crisis during his visit, supporting debt relief for the recession-battered country.
Greek riot police and hooded protesters clashed in downtown Athens during a march against Obama's visit and U.S. policies.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None