- Title: Remembrance Day ceremony takes place in Afghanistan
- Date: 13th November 2016
- Summary: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (NOVEMBER 13, 2016) (REUTERS) GERMAN AMBASSADOR WALTER HASSMAN CARRYING WREATH PLACING IT UNDER THE MEMORIAL MONUMENT CANADIAN SOLDIER MORE OF THE CEREMONY CANADIAN SOLDIERS SALUTING AS THEY OBSERVE MOMENT OF SILENCE VARIOUS OF MOMENT OF SILENCE
- Embargoed: 28th November 2016 10:09
- Keywords: remembrance day Kabul Germany Canada Britain diplomats
- Location: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
- Reuters ID: LVA00158A0G93
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The British embassy in Kabul held a Remembrance Day ceremony on Sunday (November 13) to honour soldiers who died in combat.
Diplomats and military officials attend the ceremony where they layed the wreaths under a memorial monument to commemorate the soldiers who lost their lives in combat.
"Here in Kabul it is an honor to be able to pay tribute to all those who have fallen, Afghan, Australian, Canadian, British and from many other allied countries. All those who have fallen from the Great War onwards, that is terrible war to the present day fighting for our freedoms and in particular here in Kabul we remember and salute all those who risked and especially those who have given their lives to bring peace to Afghanistan," said Dominic Jermey British Ambassador to Afghanistan.
The U.K. still has about 450 troops in the country serving as part of a roughly 13,000-strong NATO-led coalition aimed at training and advising the Afghan security forces.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.