- Title: Beatty, Bening premiere "Rules Don't Apply"
- Date: 11th November 2016
- Summary: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 10, 2016) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF WARREN BEATTY AND ANNETTE BENING IN RED CARPET SOUNDBITE (English) ACTOR AND DIRECTOR, WARREN BEATTY, SAYING: "I always take a long time to finally begin a movie, you know and I've had this in the back of my mind for a long time and I so to be able to finally go ahead and do it is very satisfying and I got lucky with a terrific cast." WARREN BEATTY AND ANNETTE BENING POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS SOUNDBITE (English) ACTOR AND DIRECTOR, WARREN BEATTY, ON OLD HOLLYWOOD AND HOLLYWOOD TODAY, SAYING: "I think that the sexual Puritanism of America is and the rise of feminism in the late 50's and the early 60's which occurs in this movie is meaningful." WARREN BEATTY, LILY COLLINS AND ALDEN EHRENREICH POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS LILY COLLINS AND ALDEN EHRENREICH TALKING TO REPORTERS SOUNDBITE (English) ACTOR, ALDEN EHRENREICH, SAYING: "I think the film it's romantic, I think it's a lot of fun, I think that the movie it's a lot funnier than anyone even expected it to be and I think that it's a movie with intelligence and heart." LILY COLLINS AND ALDEN EHRENREICH POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS VARIOUS OF LILY COLLINS POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS SOUNDBITE (English) ACTRESS, LILY COLLINS, ON BENDING THE RULES, SAYING: "Well the people that I admire most were rule breakers and so I think sometimes once you realize that it's okay to bend them and that they all apply to different people, that's the second that you can realize what it is to be different and have your uniqueness, so I just learned that you know, sometimes it's okay to bend them." SARAH JESSICA PARKER AND MATTHEW BRODERICK POSING FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS SARAH JESSICA PARKER FASHION SHOT SOUNDBITE (English) ACTOR, MATTHEW BRODERICK, SAYING: "It's about a relationship, a very forbidden relationship between Alden and Lily's characters in a very secret 50's romance, but you can translate it to today very easily." WIDE SHOT OF RED CARPET
- Embargoed: 26th November 2016 06:13
- Keywords: Warren Beatty Annette Bening Rules Don't Apply AFI FIlm Festival Alden Ehrenreich Matthew Broderick
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES/ VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES/ VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Film
- Reuters ID: LVA0015800GNH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Warren Beatty's "Rules Don't Apply" was the opening night red carpet premiere at the The American Film Institute (AFI) film festival in Los Angeles on Thursday (November 10).
Walking down the carpet with his wife, actress and "Rules" co-star Annette Bening, the 13-time Oscar nominee and AFI Life Achievement Award recipient, Warren, talked about both old Hollywood and Hollywood today.
"I think that the sexual Puritanism of America is and the rise of feminist in the late 50's and the early 60's which occurs in this movie is meaningful," said the 79-year-old Oscar winner, best known for appearing in the classic films "Bonnie and Clyde," "Shampoo," "Dick Tracy," and "Bulworth."
The young co-stars in the film, Lily Collins and Alden Ehrenreich, were also on hand and talked about their roles and Hollywood disruptors.
"The people that I admire most were rule breakers and so I think sometimes once you realize that it's okay to bend them and that they all apply to different people," said the 27 years-old British-American actress.
After a 15 year hiatus from the big screen, Beatty portrays billionaire Howard Hughes. Drama and romance comes into play as one of Hughes' contract actress (Lily Collins) falls for one of the company drivers, played by Ehrenreich. However, he is engaged to someone else and under strict order not to have relationships with any actresses.
Beatty, 79, began his acting career on television in the 1950s before graduating to feature films, making his breakthrough in 1967 as lead actor and producer of gangster film "Bonnie and Clyde", widely seen as a milestone in the history of American movies.
Other actors in "Rules Don't Apply" include Annette Bening, Haley Bennett, Alec Baldwin, Megan Hilty, Oliver Platt, Ed Harris and Martin Sheen.
"Rules Don't Apply" is set for U.S. release on November 23.
The AFI Fest runs November 10-17 at Los Angeles' TCL Chinese Theatre and will be featuring other world premieres including Taylor Hackford's "The Comedian" starring Robert De Niro, John Madden's "Miss Sloane" with Jessica Chastain, and Walt Disney Animation's "Moana."
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None