- Title: Official FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 ball unveiled in Moscow
- Date: 11th November 2016
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (NOVEMBER 11, 2016) (REUTERS) KRASAVA - THE OFFICIAL MATCH BALL FOR THE FIFA CONFEDERATIONS CUP 2017 ON DISPLAY, WITH MANNEQUIN DISPLAYING THE OFFICIAL RUSSIAN NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM'S KIT SHIRT CLOSE OF BALL CLOSE OF KIT SHIRT CLOSE OF TWO KRASAVA BALLS DISPLAY INSIDE ADIDAS STORE, WITH KRASAVA BALL ON DISPLAY VARIOUS OF BALL CONFEDERATIONS CUP RUSSIA 2017 LOGO BEING PROJECTED ONTO WALL VARIOUS OF PRESENTER SPEAKING AS SCREEN SHOWS CALL CONNECTING TO RUSSIAN NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM RUSSIAN NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM SPEAKING ON SCREEN, HURLING BALL TOWARD SCREEN CAMERAS VARIOUS OF PERFORMERS FREESTYLING WITH KRASAVA BALL WHILE WEARING THE RUSSIAN NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM KIT JUDGES WATCHING LIGHTS WIDE OF PITCH, AS MAN FREESTYLES WITH KRASAVA BALL
- Embargoed: 26th November 2016 20:33
- Keywords: Soccer Russia Confederation Cup Ball uniform football
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA0015802MV3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The official ball for the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 was revealed on Friday (November 11) at a presentation in Moscow.
FIFA partner Adidas developed the pattern on the ball, which features a red and black design formed from jagged lines. The pattern is said to represent a Russian Ruby, the metaphorical jewel of the game, according to FIFA.
The Russian national soccer team's new kit was also put on display at the opening of the presentation, which saw people dressed in the kit freestyling on a pitch with the Krasava.
The structure of the ball incorporates the same panel shape as the Beau Jeu and Fracas, Adidas balls that were used in the group and knockout stages of UEFA Euro 2016. Adidas says the shape is "innovative" and "offers premium surface structure, enhanced grip and in-flight visibility".
Krasava will go through extensive testing next summer and will be trialled by the six continental champion teams - Australia (AFC Asian Cup winners), Chile (Copa America winners), Mexico (CONCACAF Gold Cup winners), New Zealand (OFC Nations Cup winners), Portugal (UEFA Euro 2016 winners) and the eventual winners of the Africa Cup of Nations - as well as world champions Germany and hosts Russia.
Russia, host nation, of the upcoming Confederations Cup and later World Cup 2018, will be the first to try the ball at a friendly game against Romania in Grozny on Nov. 15.
The name Krasava comes from the expression used by Russian fans to celebrate a beautiful performance or a goal, the word comes from the same root as the word for beautiful.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None