- Title: Asia shares rebound in sharp turnaround from Trump shock
- Date: 10th November 2016
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (NOVEMBER 10, 2016) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF TOKYO STOCK EXCHANGE (TSE) BUILDING SIGN READING (English): "JPX TOKYO STOCK EXCHANGE" ELECTRONIC STOCK BOARD ELECTRONIC STOCK BOARD SHOWING NIKKEI AVERAGE AT 17182.712 UP 619.85 POINTS TSE STAFF WORKING TSE MARKET CENTER AND REVOLVING STOCK PRICE TICKER REVOLVING STOCK PRICE TICKER TSE MARKET CENTER ELECTRONIC STOCK BOARD JPX GRAPHIC SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (NOVEMBER 10, 2016) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF KOREA EXCHANGE (KRX) LETTER READING (English and Korean): "KRX", "KOREA EXCHANGE" INTERIOR OF DEALING ROOM ELECTRONIC BOARD SHOWING KOREA COMPOSITE STOCK PRICE INDEX (KOSPI) VARIOUS OF ELECTRONIC BOARD SHOWING STOCK PRICES WOMAN USING COMPUTER / COMPUTER SCREEN SHOWING KOSPI VARIOUS OF COMPUTER SCREEN SHOWING KOSPI AND ELECTRONIC BOARD SHOWING STOCK PRICES SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (NOVEMBER 10, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF EXTERIOR OF SYDNEY STOCK EXCHANGE BUILDING VARIOUS OF ELECTRONIC BOARDS DISPLAYING STOCK PRICES AND MARKET GAINS AND LOSSES ELECTRONIC BOARD DISPLAYING TOP 10 S&P/ASX 200 GAINS ELECTRONIC BOARD DISPLAYING TOP 10 S&P/ASX 200 LOSSES ELECTRONIC BOARD DISPLAYING ALL ORDINARIES GRAPH ELECTRONIC BOARD DISPLAYING S&P/ASX 200 VARIOUS OF ELECTRONIC BOARD DISPLAYING STOCK PRICES HONG KONG, CHINA (NOVEMBER 10, 2016) (REUTERS) EXCHANGE SQUARE HONG KONG STOCK EXCHANGE FLAG BELL RINGING/STOCK MARKET OPENING SCREEN SHOWING HANG SENG INDEX UP 1.9 PERCENT AT 22847.52 POINTS STOCK MARKET VARIOUS OF TRADERS AT WORK SCREEN SHOWING STOCK INFORMATION STOCK MARKET
- Embargoed: 25th November 2016 02:41
- Keywords: Nikkei stocj markets shares KOSPI ASX Hang Seng Tokyo Sydney Seoul Hong Kong Trump election reaction
- Location: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA / TOKYO, JAPAN / SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA/ HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA / TOKYO, JAPAN / SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA/ HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Various
- Topics: Economic Events,Equities Markets
- Reuters ID: LVA00157V1S91
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Asian shares rebounded on Thursday (November 10) and the dollar firmed in a remarkable snap-back from the shock of Republican Donald Trump's presidential victory, though the speed of the reversal left some market watchers scratching their heads.
The Nikkei duly recouped all of Wednesday's (November 9) 5 percent loss and more to trade up roughly 6 percent as the yen weakened following the previous session's surge.
In South Korea, the Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 1.8 percent at 1,994.52 points as of 0223 GMT.
Australian share price index futures rose 3 percent to 5,306, a 149.4-point premium to the underlying S&P/ASX 200 index close. On Wednesday (November 9), after a tumultuous day, the benchmark ended 1.9 percent lower, its lowest since the Brexit vote.
New Zealand's benchmark S&P/NZX 50 index rose 3.3 percent in early trade.
Hong Kong stocks rebounded over 2 percent in early trading, joining a region-wide rebound as investors pick up the pieces after the unexpected win for Republican Donald Trump.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None