- Title: Indonesia court hears charges for Briton, Australian, accused of killing policeman
- Date: 9th November 2016
- Summary: BALI, INDONESIA (NOVEMBER 9, 2016) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** BRITON DAVID TAYLOR TALKING TO HIS LAWYER HAPOSAN SIHOMBING TAYLOR SURROUNDED BY MEDIA INTERIOR OF COURT ROOM OF TAYLOR'S TRIAL JUDGE YANTO LAWYERS FOR TAYLOR JUDGE ANNOUNCING THE BEGINNING OF HEARING TAYLOR SITTING DOWN VARIOUS OF TAYLOR AND TRANSLATOR SITTING VARIOUS OF TAYLOR REPORTERS WAITING IN FRONT COURT ROOM LOGO OF COURT ROOM (SOUNDBITE) (Bahasa Indonesia) LAWYER HAPOSAN SIHOMBING SAYING: "Our client (David Taylor) didn't ask to be freed, our client was just seeking for a lighter sentence. He admitted what he had done, he asked for lighter sentences, and he is very regretful of what he had done." INTERIOR OF COURT ROOM OF AUSTRALIAN SARA CONNOR'S TRIAL CONNOR'S LAWYER ROBERT KHUANA TALKING TO HER IN COURT ROOM JUDGE PANEL SITTING DOWN CONNOR SITTING DOWN PROCEEDING JUDGE I MADE PASEK ANNOUNCE BEGINNING OF TRIAL CONNOR SITTING NEXT TO TRANSLATOR PROSECUTOR I KADEK WAHYUDI ARDIKA READING OUT CHARGES AGAINST CONNOR CONNOR AND TRANSLATOR LISTENING CONNOR'S HAND CONNOR LAWYER OF CONNOR, ERWIN SIREGAR TALKING TO MEDIA (SOUNDBITE) (English) LAWYER OF SARA CONNOR, ERWIN SIREGAR SAYING: "She is little bit nervous regarding to this." VARIOUS OF CONNOR LEAVING COURT ROOM TO HOLDING CELL CONNOR ENTERING HOLDING CELL SIGNBOARD READING (Bahasa Indonesia): "DENPASAR DISTRICT COURT"
- Embargoed: 24th November 2016 09:46
- Keywords: Indonesia court British Australian David Taylor Sara Connor murder charge police
- Location: BALI, INDONESIA
- City: BALI, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA00157Q2JB9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Indonesian court on Wednesday (November 9) officially heard the charges on a British man and Australian woman accused of killing a traffic police officer on the resort island of Bali.
Briton David Taylor, 33 and his girlfriend Australian Sara Connor, 45, were officially facing manslaughter charges and could be jailed for up to 15 years if found guilty.
Taylor, who is a musician with the stage name DJ Nutzo, admitted he was involved in a "confrontation" with the officer over his girlfriend's missing purse, but denies killing him.
"Our client (David Taylor) didn't ask to be freed, our client was just seeking for a lighter sentence. He admitted what he had done, he asked for lighter sentences, and he is very regretful of what he had done," Haposan Sihombing told reporters after the hearing.
The body of traffic police officer Wayan Sudarsa was found in the early hours of August 17, face down in the sand on the popular Kuta beach, with wounds to his head and neck.
Connor told police that she saw Taylor beating the officer as she searched for her purse, according to her lawyer Erwin Siregar.
The hearing could take months. Both are expected to make their statements and witnesses will testify in court.
The next hearing is scheduled for November 16.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None