- Title: British and Australian accused of murdering a policeman arrive in Bali court
- Date: 9th November 2016
- Summary: BALI, INDONESIA (NOVEMBER 9, 2016) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** ARRIVAL OF PRISON BUS BRITISH MAN DAVID TAYLOR (WEARING SUNGLASSES) AND AUSTRALIAN WOMAN SARA CONNOR (COVERING HER FACE WITH FAN) IN PRISON BUS TAYLOR AND CONNOR GETTING OFF BUS VARIOUS OF TAYLOR AND CONNOR BEING ESCORTED TO HOLDING CELL TAYLOR IN HOLDING CELL/SURROUNDED BY MEDIA TAYLOR IN HOLDING CELL CONNOR WALKING INTO HOLDING CELL BOARD SHOWING TIME TABLE OF THE TRIAL EXTERIOR OF DENPASAR DISTRICT COURT
- Embargoed: 24th November 2016 05:56
- Keywords: Indonesia murder police Australian British David Taylor Sara Connor court
- Location: BALI, INDONESIA
- City: BALI, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA00157Q29TX
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: British man David Taylor and Australian woman Sara Connor accused of murdering a policeman arrived in a court on Wednesday (November 9) as prosecutors are expected to read out charges against the pair.
Taylor, 33 and Connor, 45, are accused of murdering a policeman on the Indonesian resort island of Bali.
The body of traffic police officer Wayan Sudarsa was found in the early hours of August 17, face down in the sand on the popular Kuta beach, with wounds to his head and neck.
Taylor confessed he was involved in a "confrontation" with the officer over his Australian girlfriend Sarah Conner's missing purse, but denies killing him.
Both will be trialled in separate sessions, facing charges including murder, assault causing death and group assault and face up to 15 years in jail if found guilty.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None