- Title: Audrey Tautou lights up Christmas displays and tree at Paris' Galeries Lafayette
- Date: 8th November 2016
- Summary: (SOUNDBITE) (French) PASSERBY, NICOLE, SAYING: "The white theme is magnificent. The theme around icefields, it makes people think about ecology. It's very pleasant, it changes, it's so different. That's it." ANIMATED BEARS AND WHEELS VARIOUS OF YOUNG BOY LOOKING AT WINDOW DISPLAY EXTERIOR OF GALERIES LAFAYETTE DEPARTMENT STORE
- Embargoed: 23rd November 2016 21:56
- Keywords: Christmas window Paris Galeries Lafayette Audrey Tautou shopping
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00357L5U1L
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:French actress Audrey Tautou launched the Christmas season at iconic Paris department store Galeries Lafayette on Tuesday (November 8), unveiling the festive window display and the giant paper Christmas tree, designed by the artist Lorenzo Papace.
The window displays, which usually sport the latest trends in coats, shoes and winter-wear at this time of year, were now decorated with polar bears and animated figurines on sparkling icefields.
This year, the decorations narrate the expedition of a polar bear family to find a new home. The theme was chosen by the awarded film director Luc Jacquet, who is best known for the Oscar winning picture 'March of the Penguins'.
The figurines, animations and Christmas tree were made predominantly of paper, with the aim of highlighting the debate on ecology and climate change.
The upmarket store is on Paris' main shopping street Boulevard Haussmann, which is also home to the Printemps department store and several other big chain shops.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None