- Title: “Dump Trump” campaigners demonstrate outside US embassy in London
- Date: 9th November 2016
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (NOVEMBER 9, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF ANTI-TRUMP DEMONSTRATORS OUTSIDE US EMBASSY CHANTING "HEY HO, DONALD TRUMP HAS GOT TO GO" CROWD OF DEMONSTRATORS, ONE HOLDING PLACARD OF TRUMP WITH HITLER MOUSTACHE CLOSE OF TRUMP AS HITLER PLACARD (SOUNDBITE) (English) UNIDENTIFIED STAND UP TO RACISM CAMPAIGNER SAYING: "He has achieved one thing though, he's put somebody dumber than George Bush in the White House and that is himself. I thought there couldn't be anybody as dumb as George Bush, but he's achieved that, the dumbness of Trump has achieved that." VARIOUS OF DEMONSTRATORS HOLDING ANTI-TRUMP PLACARDS (SOUNDBITE) (English) UNIDENTIFIED STAND UP TO RACISM CAMPAIGNER SAYING: "It is disgusting when we look at a man who said he would build a wall to keep Mexicans out. It is absolutely disgusting that a man who said he wants to ban Muslims from going to the United States is able to be elected the president of America. But let's be absolutely clear, we see in America now, we stand in solidarity with all those people who take to the streets saying we will not let this country be consumed by hate and racism and division and sexism." VARIOUS OF DEMONSTRATORS CHANTING ANTI-TRUMP SLOGANS AND WAVING PLACARDS
- Embargoed: 24th November 2016 19:45
- Keywords: Trump election protest London
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA00157Q8KLJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Around 120 anti-racism campaigners demonstrated outside the US embassy in London on Wednesday night (November 9) in protest at the surprise election of Donald Trump as the next president of the United States.
Chanting "hey ho, Donald Trump has got to go" they waved placards reading "No to racism. No to Trump" and depicting the president-elect as Hitler.
"He has achieved one thing though, he's put somebody dumber than George Bush in the White House and that is himself," one of the organisers from Say No To Racism told the crowd.
Another speaker urged Londoners to stand in solidarity with those in America campaigning against Trump's pledge to build a wall between the US and Mexico and to ban Muslims from entering the States.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None