- Title: Guests at Democratic watch party await election results
- Date: 9th November 2016
- Summary: WIDE SHOT OF CROWD
- Embargoed: 24th November 2016 03:49
- Keywords: Democrats party Clinton presidential supporters
- Location: WASHINGTON, DC / NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: WASHINGTON, DC / NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Government/Politics,Elections/Voting
- Reuters ID: LVA00357Q1F0N
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Hundreds of Democratic supporters gathered at the National Building Museum in Washington to watch as live results from the presidential election came pouring in on November 8.
The WeWork Election Party brought mainly "excited" millennials together for music, drinks, a caricaturist, photo booth and of course live broadcasts of the 2016 presidential election.
Virginia resident LeaAnn Ormanekutz said she was looking forward to hearing the results, but also looking toward the morning after.
"You know they say it's going to be a divide in the morning. I'm hoping that everyone just kind of comes together and realizes that it doesn't matter who is our president. It's America. And we've got to come together as one nation," Ormanekutz said.
But other guests like Brianne O'Leary said she was just excited to be where the action is. "I'm excited. It's an awesome time to be in the nation's capital. It feels like everything's buzzing. I was joking with my friends earlier that being in DC for the election feels like, like our SuperBowl," said O'Leary.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.