- Title: Man, 63, found dead at Russian consulate in New York
- Date: 8th November 2016
- Summary: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES (NOVEMBER 8, 2016) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF POLICE OFFICERS STANDING IN FRONT OF RUSSIAN CONSULATE PAN FROM POLICE TO TOP OF BUILDING OFFICERS WALKING CORONER'S VAN IN DRIVEWAY RUSSIAN FLAG POLICE OUTSIDE OF CONSULATE CORONERS VAN DRIVING BY
- Embargoed: 23rd November 2016 16:02
- Keywords: Russian dead trauma consulate
- Location: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- City: NEW YORK, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA00157L5QVB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A 63-year-old man was found dead with head trauma inside the Russian consulate in New York City on Tuesday (November 8) without any indication of foul play, police said.
"Right now there does not appear to be any criminality. We're just waiting for the M.E. (medical examiner) to determine a cause of death," Officer Sophia Mason of the New York Police Department said.
Police responded less than an hour after polls opened in New York following a presidential campaign in which Russia became a leading issue.
The Russian consulate is less than two miles (three km.) from Trump Tower, the home and campaign headquarters of Republican candidate Donald Trump. Democrat Hillary Clinton voted in suburban Chappaqua, New York, shortly after the call came in.
Upon arrival at the consulate, officers found the man unconscious, and paramedics later pronounced him dead at the scene, police said in a statement.
Police were withholding identification of the man pending family notification. Consular officials were unavailable for comment.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None