- Title: Russia's Putin welcomes Chinese Premier Li Keqiang in Kremlin
- Date: 8th November 2016
- Summary: MOSCOW, RUSSIA (NOVEMBER 8, 2016) (AGENCY POOL) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, WALKING, GREETING CHINESE PREMIER, LI KEQIANG, SHAKING HANDS, BOTH POSING FOR PICTURE PHOTOGRAPHERS PUTIN, LI KEQIANG, RUSSIAN AND CHINESE DELEGATIONS TAKING SEATS (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SAYING: "I'm very glad that out relations develop, on work level as well as the high one." LI KEQIANG LISTENING, INTERPRETER SPEAKING (SOUNDBITE) (Russian) RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, VLADIMIR PUTIN, SAYING: "On high level very kind and business relations without friend General Secretary Xi Jinping have been formed. (INTERPRETER SPEAKING) Please, give him my best greetings. (INTERPRETER SPEAKING) and remind that in 2017 we are waiting for him in Moscow with a traditional official visit." MEETING IN PROGRESS (SOUNDBITE) (Mandarin) CHINESE PREMIER, LI KEQIANG, SAYING (TRANSLATED THROUGH INTERPRETER): "Dear President Putin, I'm very glad to meet you again. First of all I'd like to convey best greetings from General Secretary Xi Jinping. Recently we marked the signing of our joint agreement and of course China and Russia are the biggest neighbours." PUTIN LISTENING TALKS IN PROGRESS KREMLIN BEHIND BRIDGE
- Embargoed: 23rd November 2016 16:45
- Keywords: Russia China Vladimir Putin Li Keqiang
- Location: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- City: MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Country: Russia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00157L4WUF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:Russian President Vladimir Putin held talks with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Tuesday (November 8) in Kremlin.
Putin said that the relations between the two countries are very good and continue developing. Putin also said he expected Chinese President Xi Jinping in Moscow next year.
"Please, give him my best greetings and remind that in 2017 we are waiting for him in Moscow with a traditional official visit."
On Monday (November 7), Li Keqiang met with Russian Prime minister, Dmitry Medvedev, in St.Petersburg and discussed cooperation in various areas.
- Copyright Holder: POOL (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None