- Title: File of British and Australian facing murder charges in Indonesia
- Date: 7th November 2016
- Summary: BALI, INDONESIA (FILE-AUGUST 23, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF BRITISH DAVID TAYLOR WALKING AND COVERING HIS FACE WITH HANDCUFFED HANDS TAYLOR IN POLICE VAN VARIOUS OF TAYLOR AND HIS GIRLFRIEND, AUSTRALIAN SARAH CONNOR IN CRIME RE-ENACTMENT SESSION VARIOUS OF TAYLOR RE-ENACTING THE INCIDENT TAYLOR AND CONNOR KNEELING ON BEACH VARIOUS OF CONNER RE-ENACTING THE INCIDENT POLICE REMOVING NAME TAG ON TAYLOR CONNOR TAYLOR AND CONNOR
- Embargoed: 22nd November 2016 04:10
- Keywords: Indonesia British Australian David Taylor Sarah Connor police murder court file killing
- Location: BALI, INDONESIA
- City: BALI, INDONESIA
- Country: Indonesia
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Crime
- Reuters ID: LVA00157G2LAF
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: A British man and an Australian woman accused of murdering a policeman in the Indonesian island of Bali are expected to attend their first court hearing on Wednesday (November 9).
The body of Wayan Sudarsa, a traffic police officer, was found in the early hours of August 17, face down in the sand on the popular Kuta beach, with wounds to his head and neck.
British David Taylor, 33, confessed he was involved in a "confrontation" with the officer over his Australian girlfriend Sarah Conner's missing purse, but denies killing him.
In a re-enactment session, Taylor showed investigators how they repeatedly hit the victim with a beer bottle.
Both will be charged with murder and assault causing death and face up to 15 years in jail if found guilty.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None