- Title: Police van carrying Hong Kong murder trial suspect arrives as trial nears end
- Date: 7th November 2016
- Summary: HONG KONG, CHINA (NOVEMBER 7, 2016) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF HONG KONG HIGH COURT/TRAFFIC SIGN READING (English): "HIGH COURT" VARIOUS OF POLICE VAN CARRYING BRITISH MURDER SUSPECT RURIK JUTTING PULLING IN/ARMED POLICE ARMED POLICE OFFICER/VAN CARRYING JUTTING TRAFFIC POLICE ON MOTORCYCLES DEPARTING VARIOUS OF POLICE GETTING INTO POLICE VAN POLICE VAN CARRYING JUTTING DRIVING INTO HIGH COURT TRAFFIC POLICE ON MOTORCYCLES DEPARTING/EXTERIOR OF HIGH COURT
- Embargoed: 22nd November 2016 02:57
- Keywords: murder Britain court verdict Indonesians
- Location: HONG KONG, CHINA
- City: HONG KONG, CHINA
- Country: Hong Kong
- Topics: Crime/Law/Justice,Judicial Process/Court Cases/Court Decisions
- Reuters ID: LVA00157G2EYT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Police van carrying British double murder suspect Rurik Jutting arrived at Hong Kong's high court on Monday (November 7) as the trial nears to end.
Prosecution and defence lawyers used their closing arguments last Friday (November 4) to try to convince a Hong Kong jury of the extent British banker Rurik Jutting was in control of his actions when he tortured, raped and killed two Indonesian women.
Jutting, 31, a former Bank of America Corp employee, has denied murder in the 2014 killings of Sumarti Ningsih, 23, and Seneng Mujiasih, 26, on the grounds of diminished responsibility. He has pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of manslaughter.
The judge is expected to announce a verdict on Tuesday (November 8).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None