- Title: Canada's Governor General visits Bethlehem in the West Bank
- Date: 5th November 2016
- Summary: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK (NOVEMBER 5, 2016) (REUTERS) **** WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY **** EXTERIOR OF CHURCH OF NATIVITY BELL TOWER TOUR GUIDE SPEAKING TO GOVERNOR GENERAL OF CANADA, DAVID JOHNSTON AND DELEGATION, INSIDE CHURCH GOVERNOR GENERAL JOHNSTON BEING SHOWN MOSAIC FLOOR IN CHURCH MOSAIC FLOORING IN CHURCH JOHNSTON LOOKING THROUGH HATCHES AT MOSAIC FLOOR MOSAIC FLOORING VARIOUS OF JOHNSTON LOOKING AT CEILING OF CHURCH OFFICIALS INSIDE CHURCH CONVOY CARRYING JOHNSTON ARRIVING AT ORGANISATION FOR THE BLIND SIGN READING (Arabic): 'THE NATIONAL SOCIETY FOR VISUALLY HANDICAPPED' JOHNSTON AND DELEGATION WALKING INTO BUILDING OFFICIALS IN ROOM WATCHING SCREEN PROJECTION VARIOUS OF JOHNSTON AND OFFICIALS LOOKING AT SCREEN SIGN READING (English): 'BETHLEHEM UNIVERSITY' JOHNSTON WALKING WITH OFFICIALS AT BETHLEHEM UNIVERSITY BETHLEHEM UNIVERSITY SPOKESPERSON AT PODIUM WELCOMING JOHNSTON AND CANADIAN DELEGATION PALESTINIAN, CANADIAN AND UNIVERSITY FLAGS JOHNSTON WALKING TO PODIUM/ STANDING AT PODIUM TALKING TO AUDIENCE EXTERIOR OF BETHLEHEM UNIVERSITY
- Embargoed: 20th November 2016 14:17
- Keywords: Palestinians Canada David Johnston West Bank Bethlehem
- Location: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK
- City: BETHLEHEM, WEST BANK
- Country: Palestinian Territories
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00157630P3
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Governor General of Canada, David Johnston, arrived in Bethlehem in the West Bank on Saturday (November 5) during his official visit to the region.
Johnston is in the middle of an eight-day visit to Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian territories. It is the first official state visit by a Canadian Governor General to the Middle East.
In Bethlehem, he toured the historic Church of the Nativity, considered to be the birthplace of Jesus, visited a school for the blind and gave a speech at the Bethlehem University.
Johnston is accompanied by a delegation of Canadian parliamentarians and officials in the fields of education, business and civil society, according to his website.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None