- Title: Some 600,000 Florida homes without power due to hurricane - governor
- Date: 7th October 2016
- Summary: NEPTUNE BEACH, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES (OCTOBER 7, 2016) (REUTERS) FLOODING ON BEACH
- Embargoed: 22nd October 2016 15:13
- Keywords: Hurricane Matthew Rick Scott Florida governor storm flooding Jacksonville
- Location: TALLAHASSEE + NEPTUNE BEACH, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES
- City: TALLAHASSEE + NEPTUNE BEACH, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Wind/Hurricane/Typhoons/Tornadoes
- Reuters ID: LVA007530BUPZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:PART AUDIO AS INCOMING
About 600,000 Florida homes were without power on Friday (October 7) due to Hurricane Matthew and more outages were likely, Governor Rick Scott told a news conference, as the storm moved near the state's Atlantic coast on a northward track after killing hundreds of people in Haiti.
"The number is going to fluctuate," Scott said, adding that there was a potential for significant flooding from the hurricane in the Jacksonville area. "The worst part of this is still to come."
The governor said he had not heard of any fatalities reported.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None