- Title: South Korea's boy band SHINee to release new album
- Date: 4th October 2016
- Summary: ONEW (LEFT) AND TAEMIN (RIGHT) SITTING
- Embargoed: 19th October 2016 09:38
- Keywords: SHINee kpop South Korea boy band new album news conference
- Location: SEOUL, VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS, SOUTH KOREA
- City: SEOUL, VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS, SOUTH KOREA
- Country: South Korea
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00352L9L59
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: South Korea's boy band SHINee promoted their fifth full-length album "1 of 1" on Tuesday (October 4) in Seoul.
"This is an album in which we've put a lot of effort to start out a new concept, that's why the title is a retro style, which we have never tried before. Members' participation in making the songs was high and we have done a lot of thinking. I hope many people will show interest in it," Jonghyun said during the news conference.
The new album, which consists of nine songs, including the retro-styled title track "1 of 1", is set to release at might night local time (1500GMT).
"It is a new jack swing type of song and I think its retro sound can really attract people. It can be a difficult decision to go back into the retro style. But we've decided to do it by putting colour and characteristics of SHINee (into the title song)," Jonghyun added.
Jonghyun participated in the composition of the pop song 'Prism' and leader of the band Onew wrote the lyrics on the song 'So Amazing' for fans, the band's management agency S.M. Entertainment said.
SHINee is scheduled to show their new performance on Thursday (October 6) at Mnet's M Countdown music chart show, followed by a meeting with fans on October 16 in Seoul, the agency added.
K-pop has made its mark not only in Asia but also internationally in recent years, with Korean cinema and television shows growing in popularity, a phenomenon known as "Hallyu", or the Korean cultural wave.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.