- Title: Israel's President Rivlin hosts world leaders after Peres' funeral
- Date: 30th September 2016
- Summary: FRAMED PHOTO OF SHIMON PERES WITH BLACKENED CORNER
- Embargoed: 15th October 2016 15:24
- Keywords: Israel Jerusalem Peres funeral Prince Charles Francois Hollande Justin Trudeau
- Location: JERUSALEM
- City: JERUSALEM
- Country: Israel
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00251RA8G7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The Israeli president met world leaders in Jerusalem on Friday (September 30) after the funeral of statesman Shimon Peres.
President Reuven Rivlin played host to Britain's Prince Charles, French President Francois Hollande and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, all of whom had earlier attended the burial ceremony of the Israeli statesman and Nobel laureate.
Hollande said the pair would be discussing a French initiative aimed at resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
France hosted a conference earlier this year with the aim of breaking the apathy over an impasse between the two sides and stir new diplomatic momentum.
Peres, a former president and prime minister who died on Wednesday at the age of 93, shared a Nobel Prize for the interim land-for-peace accords he helped reach with the Palestinians as Israel's foreign minister in the 1990s.
Long-hailed abroad and by supporters in Israel as a visionary, Peres was seen by his critics as an overly optimistic dreamer in the harsh realities of the Middle East.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Video restrictions: parts of this video may require additional clearances. Please see ‘Business Notes’ for more information.