- Title: Chinese president meets Belarussian counterpart in Beijing
- Date: 29th September 2016
- Summary: MEETING IN PROGRESS XI SPEAKING LUKASHENKO LISTENING XI SPEAKING, OTHER CHINESE OFFICIALS SEATED MEETING IN PROGRESS LUKASHENKO SPEAKING XI LISTENING LUKASHENKO SPEAKING, OTHER BELARUSSIAN OFFICIALS SEATED MEETING IN PROGRESS SIGNING CEREMONY IN PROGRESS XI SIGNING LUKASHENKO SIGNING XI AND LUKASHENKO EXCHANGING DOCUMENTS AND SHAKING HANDS OFFICIALS SEATED LUKASHENKO AWARDING MEDAL OF HONOUR FOR PEACE TO XI AND SHAKING HANDS
- Embargoed: 14th October 2016 13:57
- Keywords: diplomacy foreign international Lukashenko Belarus China
- Location: BEIJING, CHINA
- City: BEIJING, CHINA
- Country: China
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00551MB1VR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Belarussian President Alexander Lukashenko met with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Thursday (September 29) in Beijing as part of a visit aimed at boosting ties.
Xi shook hands with Lukashenko at Beijing's Great Hall of the People before sitting down for talks in the presence of delegations from China and Belarus.
Both leaders signed a joint declaration on establishing comprehensive strategic partnership with mutual trust, cooperation and mutual benefits between China and Belarus.
Lukashenko also awarded Xi a Medal of Honour for Peace.
Lukashenko is expected to leave China on Friday (September 30) after three-day visit embarked on at the invitation of Xi.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None