- Title: McDonald's Japan offers fries covered in pumpkin, chocolate sauce for Halloween
- Date: 29th September 2016
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (SEPTEMBER 29, 2016) (REUTERS) HAND SQUEEZING PUMPKIN AND CHOCOLATE SAUCE ON FRIED POTATOES SAUCE SQUEEZED ON FRIES HAND SQUEEZING SAUCE ON FRIED POTATOES FRIED POTATOS IN PUMPKIN AND CHOCOLATE SAUCE (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) MANAGER OF PR DEPARTMENT OF MCDONALD'S COMPANY JAPAN, TAKASHI HASEGAWA, SAYING: "With chocolate sauce and pumpkin flavour, this menu has not only a new taste, but also an exciting appearance thanks to the Halloween orange colour sauce." CUSTOMERS EATING TWO WOMEN TRYING PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE FRIED POTATO WOMAN SQUEEZING SAUCE ON FRIED POTATOES FRIED POTATOS IN PUMPKIN AND CHOCOLATE SAUCE VARIOUS OF WOMAN EATING PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE FRIED POTATO (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) 22 YEAR-OLD CUSTOMER, AYANO ISHIKAMA, SAYING: "The flavours of pumpkin and chocolate went unexpectedly well, and it was quite tasty." WOMAN EATING PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE FRIED POTATO PLASTIC CONTAINER OF PUMPKIN AND CHOCOLATE SAUCE (SOUNDBITE) (Japanese) 23 YEAR-OLD CUSTOMER, ASUMI OYAMA, SAYING: "Saltiness came first and it harmonized with sweetness. I really enjoyed it." PEOPLE QUEUING FOR MCDONALD'S POSTER SIGN READING (Japanese): "HALLOWEEN CHOCO POTATO" STAFF MAKING FRIES STAFF PUTTING FRIES INTO HALLOWEEN PAPER BOX EXTERIOR OF MCDONALD'S SHOP SIGN READING (English): "MCDONALD'S"
- Embargoed: 14th October 2016 10:22
- Keywords: Japan MacDonald's fries Halloween pumpkin chocolate
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Disaster/Accidents,Wind/Hurricane/Typhoons/Tornadoes
- Reuters ID: LVA00151MB3H5
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: For those who just can't get enough of pumpkin-flavoured treats for Halloween, McDonald's Japan has begun offering its customers French fries covered with pumpkin and chocolate sauce.
The menu, launched on Wednesday (September 28), is named the 'Halloween Choco Potato'.
McDonald's Japan came up with this surprising combination of sweet-and-salty taste to mark its 45th anniversary in Japan, following enthusiasm for its 'McChoco Potatoes' -- chocolate-covered fries first released in Japan last January.
As with many countries around the world, Halloween in Japan is marked by having pumpkin spiced beverages and food.
Many were pleased with McDonald's new offering.
"The flavours of pumpkin and chocolate went unexpectedly well, and it was quite tasty," Ayano Ishikama, a 22-year-old customer said.
The menu will be available in Japan until the end of October.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None