- Title: Argentina's Los Pumas and New Zealand's All Black train ahead of match
- Date: 30th September 2016
- Summary: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (SEPTEMBER 30, 2016) (REUTERS) GENERAL VIEW OF STADIUM WHERE MATCH BETWEEN ALL BLACKS AND LOS PUMAS WILL BE PLAYED LOS PUMAS CAPTAIN, AGUSTIN CREEVY, TRAINING VARIOUS OF LOS PUMAS PLAYERS TRAINING VARIOUS OF LOS PUMAS COACH, DANIEL HOURCADE, TALKING TO HIS PLAYERS AUDIENCE WATCHING VARIOUS OF LOS PUMAS PLAYERS EXERCISING ON THE FIELD GENERAL VIEW OF ALL BLACKS TEAM TRAINING VARIOUS OF ALL BLACKS TRAINING ALL BLACKS CAPTAIN, KIERAN READ, ON FIELD TRAINING (SOUNDBITE) (English) ALL BLACKS CAPTAIN, KIERAN READ, SAYING: "You know how it can feel like it’s right on top of you, the crowd? I was expecting a few more people as well to cram in tomorrow night, so it's going to be a good atmosphere. I'm looking forward to it. (REPORTER ASKS: IS THIS A CHALLENGE THIS TEAM IS READY FOR?) READ RESPONDS SAYING: Oh definitely. It's the schedule we're given. An exciting time for us to get away. This Argentinean side is pretty damn good, very impressive side and at home, so definitely looking forward to a big challenge." VARIOUS OF ALL BLACKS PLAYERS PRACTISING
- Embargoed: 15th October 2016 21:16
- Keywords: Los Pumas All Blacks Steve Hansen Daniel Hourcade
- Location: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- City: BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
- Country: Argentina
- Topics: Rugby Union,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00151RDIYN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Argentina's Los Pumas and New Zealand's All Blacks hit the training field in Buenos Aires on Friday (September 30) ahead of their upcoming match.
The All Blacks are on a 15-test winning streak and have never lost in their 23 matches against Argentina and are the clear favourite to take out the match.
But three weeks ago, Los Pumas surprised the world champions with a strong showing in Hamilton. Although the South American side lost, it put the All Blacks on guard.
All Blacks captain Kieran Read is expecting a tough match.
"Oh definitely. It's the schedule we're given. An exciting time for us to get away. This Argentinean side is pretty damn good, very impressive side and at home, so definitely looking forward to a big challenge," he said.
The Kiwis have made four changes to their starting side in Argentina. Halfback Aaron Smith will be taken off the field. He will be replaced by TJ Perenara for the game, with Tawera Kerr-Barlow moved up to the bench.
Also dropped were Malakai Fekitoa and Anton Lienet-Brown.
There are two rounds left in this year's Rugby Championship.
The All Blacks versus Los Pumas will take place on Saturday (September 30).
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None