- Title: Train and station heavily damaged following crash
- Date: 29th September 2016
- Summary: HOBOKEN, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES (SEPTEMBER 29, 2016) (REUTERS) (PART MUTE) AERIAL SHOT OF TRAIN STATION VARIOUS OF DAMAGE TO ROOF, TRAIN SEEN IN MIDDLE OF FRAME VARIOUS OF TRAIN STATION EMERGENCY PERSONNEL ON SQUARE IN FRONT OF TRAIN HELICOPTER TAKING OFF TRAIN STATION TRAINS ON TRACK SQUARE IN FRONT OF STATION BREAK IN ROOF OF STATION, TRAIN SEEN IN CENTER OF FRAME VARIOUS OF TRAIN STATION AND TRACKS
- Embargoed: 14th October 2016 18:59
- Keywords: crash derailment transit commuter Hoboken train crashs
- Location: HOBOKEN, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES
- City: HOBOKEN, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES
- Country: USA
- Topics: Ground Accidents/Collisions,Disaster/Accidents
- Reuters ID: LVA00151MFEBR
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Aerial footage of a Hoboken train station on Thursday (September 29) revealed damage to the station's roof sustained after a commuter train plowed into a platform at the height of rush hour.
The crash killed at least one person and injured more than 100 others as it brought down part of the roof and scattered debris over the concourse.
Witnesses described terrifying scenes as the front of the train smashed through the track stop at high speed and into the terminal, toppling support columns and creating chaos at one of the busiest transit hubs in the New York City area.
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said one person was killed and 108 injured.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None