- Title: Spain's King Felipe arrives at XXV Iberoamerican Summit in Cartagena, Colombia.
- Date: 28th October 2016
- Summary: CARTAGENA COLOMBIA (OCTOBER 27, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** AIRPLANE CARRYING KING FELIPE VI OF SPAIN ARRIVING AT THE RAFAEL NUNEZ AIRPORT CLOSE UP OF A LOGO ON THE SIDE OF THE AIRPLANE INCLUDING THE SPANISH AND EUROPEAN FLAGS SHADOWS OF THE WEAPONS OF THE HONOUR GUARDS ON THE RED CARPET KING FELIPE VI WALKING DOWN FROM AIRPLANE VARIOUS OF KING DURING MILITARY CEREMONY HONOUR GUARD DURING THE KING'S ARRIVAL GENERAL VIEW OF KING SPEAKING AT HIS ARRIVAL (SOUNDBITE) (Spanish) KING OF SPAIN, FELIPE VI, SAYING: "I come back now as king to participate in a new edition of the Iberoamerican Summit of heads of state. In times like these it is without a doubt a privilege and an honour for me to represent Spain and of course I bring a message of great affection for all Colombians and all the people of Cartagena de Indias." CAMERAMEN DURING CEREMONY VARIOUS OF KING WALKING TO CAR SECURITY MEMBERS CAR LEAVING AIRPORT
- Embargoed: 12th November 2016 00:59
- Keywords: IberoAmerican summit Cartagena King Felipe Spain
- Location: CARTAGENA, COLOMBIA
- City: CARTAGENA, COLOMBIA
- Country: Colombia
- Topics: Diplomacy/Foreign Policy,Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA00155X4Z8J
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Spain's King Felipe VI arrived in the northern Colombian city of Cartagena on Thursday (October 27) for Friday's start of the 25th Iberoamerican Summit, bringing together leaders from Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula.
The King said he was pleased to return to the Caribbean town 33 years after his first visit as Prince of Asturias, and that he hoped the conference, focused on youth and entrepreneurship, would benefit all states represented.
"I come back now as a king to participate in a new edition of the Iberoamerican Summit of heads of state. In times like these it is without a doubt a privilege and an honour for me to represent Spain and of course I bring a message of great affection for all Colombians and all the people of Cartagena de Indias," said the King, receiving military honours at the Rafael Nunez airport.
Already in Cartagena were delegations including the foreign ministers of Argentina, Susana Malcorra; Costa Rica, Manuel Gonzalez Sanz; Ecuador, Guillaume Long; and Portugal, Augusto Santos Silva.
Also scheduled to arrive on Thursday were Chilean President Michelle Bachelet; Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández and Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None