- Title: Bataclan's new facade is revealed after months of renovations
- Date: 27th October 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - NOVEMBER 30, 2015) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BULLET HOLES AND DAMAGE ON EXTERIOR WALLS SEALED THEATRE DOOR SIGN READING (French): "SEALED DO NOT OPEN" BULLET HOLE PASSING THROUGH DOWNSPOUT PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - NOVEMBER 20, 2015) (REUTERS) EXTERIOR OF BATACLAN PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - NOVEMBER 30, 2015) (REUTERS) BULLET HOLES IN PYLON WITH POLICE OFFICERS STANDING BULLET HOLES IN PYLON PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - NOVEMBER 13, 2015) (REUTERS) POLICE OUTSIDE BATACLAN PARIS, FRANCE (FILE - NOVEMBER 14, 2015) (REUTERS) FIREFIGHTERS RUNNING AS THEY CARRY INJURED HOSTAGE FIRE TRUCK DRIVING WITH SIRENS ON FIREFIGHTERS CARRYING INJURED HOSTAGE FIRE FIGHTER ON LADDER HELPING HOSTAGES OUT
- Embargoed: 11th November 2016 14:07
- Keywords: bataclan Paris attacks France November 13
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Conflicts/War/Peace,International/National Security
- Reuters ID: LVA00255S7ADJ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: The new facade of the Bataclan concert hall was revealed on Thursday (October 27) after months of renovations at the site almost one year after a series of attacks at several sites in Paris.
For the first time since the bloody attacks of November 13, which killed 130 people and injured hundreds more, passers-by were able to see the new exterior of the concert venue.
In the worst carnage, three gunmen systematically killed 90 people at a rock concert by an American band at the Bataclan theater before detonating explosive belts as anti-terrorist commandos launched an assault.
"We all know someone - somehow we realised in the three weeks, month that followed - who had been killed or who had been there, or in the other part of the district. So it's true that it's very odd. Afterwards, I went to the tenth district towards Rue Bichat, and ate in a vegetarian Vietnamese restaurant, and there are the two bars, restaurants which were also hit by Kalashnikovs. It's the same. So in fact, all this area was affected. There were flowers and everything, it was a difficult moment. So I used to walk on the other side, rather than in front," passer-by Guillaume Rousselot told Reuters Television.
The November killings were the worst such attack in Europe since the Madrid train bombings of 2004, in which Islamists killed 191 people.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None