- Title: Kenyan runner Rita Jeptoo has doping suspension extended to four years
- Date: 26th October 2016
- Summary: NAIROBI, KENYA (JANUARY 15, 2015) (REUTERS) GENERAL VIEW OF ATHLETICS KENYA HEADQUARTERS RITA JEPTOO (GREEN JACKET) WALKING INTO AN OFFICE AT THE HEADQUARTERS VARIOUS OF JEPTOO FLANKED BY ATHLETICS KENYA OFFICIALS AND MEMBERS OF HER LEGAL TEAM WALKING INTO BOARDROOM
- Embargoed: 10th November 2016 12:01
- Keywords: Rita Jeptoo Boston marathon
- Location: FILE
- City: FILE
- Country: Kenya
- Topics: Athletics,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00155N6ZI7
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has upheld Kenyan marathon runner Rita Jeptoo's suspension for doping, the tribunal said on Wednesday (October 26).
"The CAS Panel in charge of the matter has imposed a four-year period of ineligibility on Ms Jeptoo and disqualified the athlete's results in the 2014 Boston marathon and all other results as from 17 April 2014, including the 2014 Chicago marathon," it said in a statement.
Jeptoo anti-doping sample was found in 2014 to contain recombinant EPO, it said.
A two year suspension imposed by Athletics Kenya has been increased by CAS to four years, running from October 30, 2014. The IAAF had petitioned for the two year suspension to be increased.
She has been disqualified from the 2014 Boston Marathon and the 2014 Chicago marathon, having finished first in both races, as well as other races during this period.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None