- Title: Thai crown prince attends death anniversary of ancestor king
- Date: 23rd October 2016
- Summary: ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** CROWN PRINCE LAYING WREATH WREATH CROWN PRINCE LIGHTING CANDLES CROWN PRINCE PAYING RESPECT AND LEAVING
- Embargoed: 7th November 2016 13:10
- Keywords: Thai crown prince Maha Vajiralongkorn King Chulalongkorn Chakri dynasty King Bhumibol
- Location: BANGKOK, THAILAND
- City: BANGKOK, THAILAND
- Country: Thailand
- Topics: Government/Politics
- Reuters ID: LVA0025585B9H
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Thailand crown prince Maha Vajiralongkorn on Sunday (October 23) laid a wreath to commemorate the death of King Chulalongkorn, who died in 1910.
King Chulalongkorn was the fifth king of Chakri dynasty who ruled from 1868.
Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn will ascend the thrown soon, following the death of his father, 88-year old King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the ninth king of Chakri dynasty who died on October 13 after seven decades on the throne.
Prime Minister Prayuth has said the crown prince's accession could take place within seven to 15 days.
Prem Tinasulanonda, 96, the leader of the powerful Privy Council, has assumed the role of regent until Crown Prince Vajiralongkorn becomes king.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS