- Title: Rolling Stones tease album announcement
- Date: 6th October 2016
- Summary: LONDON, ENGLAND, UK (FILE - APRIL 4, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** VARIOUS OF ROLLING STONES BAND MEMBERS ARRIVING BAND MEMBERS SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS VARIOUS OF MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS, RONNIE WOOD AND CHARLIE WATTS POSING FOR PICTURES
- Embargoed: 21st October 2016 03:46
- Keywords: Rolling Stones Mick Jagger Keith Richards Ronnie Wood Charlie Watts
- Location: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM; UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LONDON, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM; UNIDENTIFIED FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Reuters ID: LVA00152V7IH9
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text:The Rolling Stones are expected on Thursday (October 6) to announce their first studio album in a decade after teasing new music for days on Twitter.
The British rock band this week released on Twitter a 10-second snatch of a bluesy track and video of them playing in a studio, with the message "Coming Oct 6."
On Wednesday, the band's official Twitter feed said, "Tomorrow. 2 PM GMT/6 AM PST/9 AM EST."
The veteran rockers last released an album of new material in 2005 with "A Bigger Bang," but have toured the world relentlessly. In March, they staged the first major concert by a Western rock band in Cuba, playing free for an estimated 500,000-strong crowd.
Lead guitarist Keith Richards said a year ago that he and bandmates Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood planned to get back into the studio in 2016.
A new album would mark the longest interval between new studio sets for the band, which formed in London in 1962.
The Stones are due to perform at a three-day outdoor festival in southern California this weekend dubbed "OldChella" because the lineup includes other stalwarts of rock and pop music including Paul McCartney, The Who and Bob Dylan.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None