- Title: Zach Galifianakis questions his Clinton interview at 'Joneses' premiere
- Date: 9th October 2016
- Summary: HAMM AT PARTY
- Embargoed: 24th October 2016 06:50
- Keywords: Keeping Up With The Joneses Zach Galifianakis Jon Hamm Isla Fisher Gal Gadot Greg Mottola
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS
- City: LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES / VARIOUS FILMING LOCATIONS
- Country: USA
- Topics: Film
- Reuters ID: LVA00353A7CCT
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: 'Keeping up with the Joneses' might sound like a competitive title but instead of a usual world premiere, 20th Century Fox hosted a party on their lot with a red carpet after the screening on Saturday (October 8).
"I don't really know what's going on. We're on a lot, right?" said lead actor Zach Galifianakis. "It's an exciting red carpet and who doesn't love red carpets? We're here at the Joneses thing and I've just seen it and it's fun to see."
The film sees Galifianakis and Australian actress Isla Fisher as Jeff and Karen Gaffney, two suburbanites who begin to suspect that their neighbors Tim and Natalie Jones, played by Jon Hamm and Gal Gadot, might be undercover agents.
Greg Mottola directs the movie and found his cast got on so well that it created problems with production. "There were days I couldn't get them to listen to me or respect me because they were having so much fun," he said. "There's a scene which we shot where they're all in the pool together and they all started having chicken fights and I was screaming with them to pay attention so we could finish the day. They were so bonded by that time in the movie, which was great because it hopefully translates onto the screen the they were having so much fun with each other."
Fisher admitted to his sentiment saying "We were behaving like little Labrador puppies without an owner to make us heel, yes. There was a bit of shenanigans and rascal behavior but we're professionals."
Galifianakis recently hosted Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in his satirical dead pan show 'Beneath Two Ferns'.
"It's just bizarre because I used to sit there and think I used to tell diarrhea jokes in cafes for a living and I'm talking to a presidential candidate but it's also a little frustrating that the candidates have to do that, that they have to stoop so low - and I mean that that isn't negative towards the candidates but it's a popularity contest where it hasn't become a policy contest and it would be better that they didn't appear on shows like 'Between Two Ferns'," he said.
Meanwhile, Gal Gadot who was a contestant in the 2004 Donald Trump-owned Miss Universe competition, refused to comment on the presidential candidate, deflecting questions before stating "There you go, you got my comment."
'Keeping Up with the Joneses' goes on release in US cinemas on October 21.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.