- Title: Belgian royals welcomed by Japanese Imperial family
- Date: 11th October 2016
- Summary: TOKYO, JAPAN (OCTOBER 11, 2016) (REUTERS) ****WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** JAPANESE EMPEROR AKIHITO, AND EMPRESS MICHIKO, WAITING IN FRONT OF IMPERIAL PALACE AKIHITO AND MICHIKO STANDING CAR ARRIVING AT IMPERIAL PALACE BELGIAN NATIONAL FLAG ON CAR BELGIAN KING, PHILIPPE, AND QUEEN, MATHILDE, GETTING OUT OF CAR PHILIPPE AND MATHILDE SHAKING HANDS WITH AKIHITO AND MICHIKO VARIOUS OF PHILIPPE, MATHILDE, AKIHITO, AND MICHIKO WALKING INTO PALACE
- Embargoed: 26th October 2016 05:49
- Keywords: King Philippe Queen Mathilde Emperor Akihito Empress Michiko Imperial Palace Tokyo
- Location: TOKYO, JAPAN
- City: TOKYO, JAPAN
- Country: Japan
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Royals
- Reuters ID: LVA00153K83LZ
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Belgian King Philippe and Queen Mathilde were greeted on Tuesday (October 11) by Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace in downtown Tokyo.
Tuesday marked the first of their four-day stay in Japan to celebrate the two nations' 150 years of diplomatic relations.
King Philippe is scheduled to have lunch with business executives from top Japanese companies including Sony Corporation and All Nippon Airlines.
Queen Mathilde will visit Toho Gakuen School of Music, have lunch at Waseda University, and meet with representatives from top Japanese universities including Tokyo University and Keio University, according to the Belgian Embassy in Japan.
The Belgian royals will also join a banquet with the Japanese Imperial family to round off their first day of their visit later this evening.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None