- Title: Guidolin replaced by Bradley as Swansea manager
- Date: 3rd October 2016
- Summary: PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA (JUNE 4, 2010) (REUTERS) BOB BRADLEY AS U.S. NATIONAL COACH TALKING TO LANDON DONOVAN (2 SHOTS) U.S. TEAM TRAINING CLINT DEMPSEY (SECOND FROM LEFT) TRAINING BOB BRADLEY WATCHING PHOKENG, NEAR RUSTENBURG, SOUTH AFRICA (JUNE 10, 2010) (REUTERS) U.S. TEAM TRAINING WATCHED BY BOB BRADLEY (2 SHOTS) CAIRO, EGYPT (NOVEMBER 17, 2013) (REUTERS) VARIOUS OF BOB BRADLEY COACHING THE EGPYT SQUAD (5 SHOTS)
- Embargoed: 18th October 2016 13:56
- Keywords: Francesco Guidolin Swansea City Bob Bradley
- Location: SWANSEA, WALES, UK;
- City: SWANSEA, WALES, UK;
- Country: United Kingdom
- Topics: Soccer,Sport
- Reuters ID: LVA00252G9BUN
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Struggling Swansea City sacked Italian Francesco Guidolin on Monday (October 3) and appointed Bob Bradley as the first American to manage a Premier League club.
Former Udinese coach Guidolin took over in January following the dismissal of Garry Monk and kept the Welsh club clear of relegation, but they have slumped to fourth from bottom after seven games of the new campaign.
Speculation had been growing about Guidolin's future and Saturday's (October 1) 2-1 home defeat by Liverpool was their third in a row and fifth league loss of the season.
"We can confirm the club has parted company with Francesco Guidolin, who will be replaced by Bob Bradley," the club said on Twitter.
Bradley, 58, was the United States national team coach from 2006-11, having previously managed Chicago Fire and MetroStars.
He also had a spell as Egypt's national coach and joins Swansea from French club Le Havre.
- Copyright Holder: FILE REUTERS (CAN SELL)
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None