- Title: "Rykiel forever" -- Paris Fashion Week remembers late designer
- Date: 3rd October 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (OCTOBER 3, 2016) (REUTERS) ***WARNING CONTAINS FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY*** MODELS ON CATWALK WEARING BLACK JUMPERS WITH LETTERS SPELLING OUT (English): "RYKIEL FOREVER" AUDIENCE VARIOUS OF MODELS WALKING DOWN CATWALK IN JUMPERS MODELS' SHOES AUDIENCE VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING LONG CREAM SHIRT DRESS WITH PUFFED UP SLEEVES MODEL WEARING HIGH-WAISTED GREEN LEATHER SKIRT AND STRIPY JUMPER AUDIENCE MODEL WEARING BEIGE PLEATED SKIRT AND JUMPER WITH HORIZONTAL STRIPES VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING TAN WIDE-LEGGED TROUSERS AND MATCHING OFF-THE-SHOULDER TOP WITH WIDE BRIMMED HAT MODEL WEARING GREEN AND BROWN EMPIRE LINE PEASANT DRESS MODEL WEARING BLACK AND RED LACE DRESS AND LACE CAPE VARIOUS OF MODEL WEARING CREAM WIDE-LEGGED TROUSERS WITH MATCHING PEASANT TOP WITH METALLIC DECORATION VARIOUS OF MODELS AT FINALE WITH CONFETTI FALLING SONIA RYKIEL CREATIVE DIRECTOR, JULIE DE LIBRAN, ON CATWALK AFTER SHOW
- Embargoed: 18th October 2016 20:09
- Keywords: Paris fashion week Sonia Rykiel designer death show
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Arts/Culture/Entertainment,Fashion
- Reuters ID: LVA00152GD1EH
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Paris Fashion Week remembered Sonia Rykiel on Monday (October 3) with the catwalk show of her eponymous label having the air of an ode to the flame-haired designer who died this year.
Models wearing black jumpers bearing the slogan "Rykiel forever" and platform heels with their hair styled in the fashion of the French couturier's frizzy mane opened the show.
There followed a series of references to Rykiel -- wide-legged trousers and oversized hats with platform heels and, of course, her striped knitwear once sported by Brigitte Bardot and Audrey Hepburn.
Rykiel died on August 25 after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Copyright Notice: (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2016. Open For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: Audio restrictions: This clip's Audio includes copyrighted material. User is responsible for obtaining additional clearances before publishing the audio contained in this clip.