- Title: Kim Kardashian robbed at gunpoint in Paris
- Date: 3rd October 2016
- Summary: PARIS, FRANCE (OCTOBER 3, 2016) (REUTERS) ARC DE TRIOMPHE MONUMENT AND CARS DRIVING ON ROUNDABOUT POLICE CAR IN FRONT OF APARTMENT BUILDING WHERE KIM KARDASHIAN LIVES ON RUE TRONCHET, EIGHTH ARRONDISSEMENT POLICE OFFICER GETTING OUT OF BUILDING TWO POLICE OFFICERS STANDING GUARD IN FRONT OF BUILDING POLICE OFFICERS WALKING ON STREET CAMERAMAN FILMING POLICE OFFICERS POLICE SIGN ON VEHICLE JOURNALIST SPEAKING IN FRONT OF CAMERA JOURNALIST FILMING, OTHERS STANDING ON STREET CLOTHES HANGING ON RACK, SEEN FROM OUTSIDE WINDOW BALCONY BUILDING SEEN FROM ACROSS STREET CAR PARKED IN FRONT OF BUILDING BOTTLES OF WATER IN BUILDING LOBBY, MAN WALKING OUT OF LOBBY
- Embargoed: 18th October 2016 08:15
- Keywords: Kim Kardashian robbery Paris gunpoint theft jewels
- Location: PARIS, FRANCE
- City: PARIS, FRANCE
- Country: France
- Topics: Celebrities,Arts/Culture/Entertainment
- Reuters ID: LVA00152G9I6F
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Story Text: Masked men robbed U.S. reality TV star Kim Kardashian West at gunpoint in a luxury residence in Paris early on Monday (October 3), stealing millions of dollars of jewellery, police and her publicist said.
Five attackers struck around 3 a.m. (0100 GMT) inside the block used by celebrities and wealthy individuals behind the city's Madeleine church, a police source told Reuters.
Kardashian West's husband, rapper Kanye West, abruptly ended a performance in New York less than an hour into his set, as news of the robbery spread.
Kardashian West's spokeswoman, Ina Treciokas, had earlier said two masked gunmen dressed as policemen held up the star in her room. "She is badly shaken but physically unharmed," the statement added.
Kardashian West was in Paris with her sisters Kendall Jenner and Kourtney Kardashian, Billboard magazine reported, citing their recent Snapchat posts.
Kardashian West has stayed in the residence at least once before, in 2014, before her marriage to rapper Kanye West.
Police were guarding the site on Monday morning.
- Copyright Holder: REUTERS
- Usage Terms/Restrictions: None